Arquivos em PDF
Publicações da FIFO organizadas pelo ano de divulgação. Clique no nome para visualizar o conteúdo.
- Begossi et al. 2022 Filling gaps in the knowledge of grouper, especially Comb grouper (Mycteroperca acutirostris) (2013-2020) (Copacabana fishery, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) https://doi.org/10.4136/ambi-agua.2774
- Karcher et al. 2022 Lessons from bright-spots for advancing knowledge exchange at the interface of marine science and policy https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2022.114994
- Priolli et al. 2022 Genome-wide diversity of the reef fish Epinephelus marginatus (Lowe, 1834): contributions to the conservation of groupers https://doi.org/10.21411/CBM.A.9F420BD8
- Shellock et al. 2022 Breaking down barriers: The identification of actions to promote gender equality in interdisciplinary marine research institutions https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oneear.2022.05.006
- Silva et al. 2022 Oil Spill and Socioeconomic Vulnerability in Marine Protected Areas https://doi.org/10.3389/fmars.2022.859697
- Silvano et al. 2022 Which fish is this? Fishers know more than 100 fish species in megadiverse tropical rivers https://doi.org/10.1139/facets-2021-0136
- Tonella et al. 2022 NEOTROPICAL FRESHWATER FISHES: A dataset of occurrence and abundance of freshwater fishes in the Neotropics https://doi.org/10.1002/ecy.3713
- Villasante et al. 2022 Resilience and Social Adaptation to Climate Change Impacts in Small-Scale Fisheries https://doi.org/10.3389/fmars.2022.802762
- Baird, Ian G., Renato A. M. Silvano, Brenda Parlee, Mark Poesch, Bruce Maclean, Art Napoleon, Melody Lepine, and Gustavo Hallwass. "The Downstream Impacts of Hydropower Dams and Indigenous and Local Knowledge: Examples from the Peace–Athabasca, Mekong, and Amazon." Environmental Management, January 18, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00267-020-01418-x
- Basta et. al 2021 Mercury Exposure in Munduruku Indigenous Communities from Brazilian Amazon: Methodological Background and an Overview of the Principal Results https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18179222
- Begossi, Alpina; Salyvonchyk, Svetlana ; Glamuzina, Branko ; Alves-pereira, A. ; Batista, C. E. A. ; Priolli, R. . Filling gaps: fishing, genetics, and conservation of groupers, especially the comb grouper (badejo) (Mycteroperca acutirostris), in SE Brazil (2013-2020). Spring Harbor: BioRxiv preprint, 2021). : https://doi.org/10.1101/2021.04.12.439484
- Borges et al. 2021 Combining Knowledge Systems Helps Understand the Spatial Dynamics of Data-Limited Small-Scale Fisheries Systems in Brazil: A Methods Analysis https://doi.org/10.3389/fmars.2021.760535
- Breckwoldt et. al 2021 Look Who’s Asking—Reflections on Participatory and Transdisciplinary Marine Research Approaches https://doi.org/10.3389/fmars.2021.627502
- Campos-Silva et. al 2021 Sustainable-use protected areas catalyze enhanced livelihoods in rural Amazonia https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.2105480118
- Capitani, Leonardo, Ronaldo Angelini, Friedrich Wolfgang Keppeler, Gustavo Hallwass, and Renato Azevedo Matias Silvano. "Food Web Modeling Indicates the Potential Impacts of Increasing Deforestation and Fishing Pressure in the Tapajós River, Brazilian Amazon." Regional Environmental Change 21, no. 2 (June 2021): 42. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10113-021-01777-z
- Estevo et al. 2021 Immediate social and economic impacts of a major oil spill on Brazilian coastal fishing communities https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpolbul.2021.111984
- Ferreira, R. P. ; Lopes, P. F. M. ; Campos'silva, João Vitor ; Silvano, Renato Am ; Begossi, Alpina . The upper Juruá extractive reserve in the Brazilian Amazon: past and present. Brazilian Journal of Biology , V. 82, P. 1-13, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1590/1519-6984.239188
- Ferreira-Araújo et. al 2021 Size matters: identity of culturally important herrings in northeastern Brazil
- Fonseca et al. 2021 Conservation biology: four decades of problem- and solution-based research https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pecon.2021.03.003
- Freire et al. 2021 Reconstruction of Marine Commercial Landings for the Brazilian Industrial and Artisanal Fisheries From 1950 to 2015 https://doi.org/10.3389/fmars.2021.659110
- Gallardo et al. 2021 150 years of anthropogenic impact on coastal and ocean ecosystems in Brazil revealed by historical newspapers https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ocecoaman.2021.105662
- Guerra et al. 2021 Damage or benefit? How future scenarios of climate change may affect the distribution of small pelagic fishes in the coastal seas of the Americas https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2020.105815
- Leduc et al. 2021 Local ecological knowledge to assist conservation status assessments in data poor contexts: a case study with the threatened sharks of the Brazilian Northeast https://doi.org/10.1007/s10531-021-02119-5
- Lopes, Priscila F. M. ; Freitas, Carolina Tavares ; Hallwass, Gustavo ; Silvano, Renato A. M. ; Begossi, Alpina ; Campos'silva, João Vitor . Just aquatic governance: the Amazon basin as fertile ground for aligning participatory conservation with social justice. Aquatic conservation-marine and freshwater ecosystems , V. Online, P. 1-16, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1002/aqc.3586
- Lopes et al. 2021 The inter-annual fishing variability in Octopus insularis (Leite & Haimovici 2008) as a result of oceanographic factors https://doi.org/10.1111/fog.12534
- Lopes, Priscila F. M. ; Hanazaki, Natália ; Nakamura, Elaine M. ; Salivonchyk, Svetlana ; Begossi, Alpina . What fisher diets reveal about fish stocks. Ambio , V. 51, P. 1, 2021. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13280-021-01506-0
- Mendes et al. 2021 On the Impact of Brazil's Largest Recent Oil Spill on Regional Oceans https://doi.org/10.36956/sms.v3i2.431
- Nagl, Paula, Gustavo Hallwass, Luís H. Tomazoni‐Silva, Pedro P. Nitschke, Anais R. P. Rowedder, Astrid Tatiana Romero‐Martinez, and Renato A. M. Silvano. "Protected Areas and Frugivorous Fish in Tropical Rivers: Small‐scale Fisheries, Conservation and Ecosystem Services." Aquatic Conservation: Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems, August 14, 2021, aqc.3673. https://doi.org/10.1002/aqc.3673
- Nataniel et al. 2021 Socio-ecological and economic aspects of tropical tuna fisheries in the Mozambique Channel https://doi.org/10.1111/fme.12520
- Nune et al. 2021 Monkeying around Anthropocene: Patterns of human-nonhuman primates’ interactions in Brazil https://doi.org/10.15451/ec2021-05-10.23-1-32
- Nunes, Moisés Ubiratã Schmitz, Olímpio Rafael Cardoso, Marcelo Soeth, Renato Azevedo Matias Silvano, and Luís Fernando Fávaro. "Fishers' Ecological Knowledge on the Reproduction of Fish and Shrimp in a Subtropical Coastal Ecosystem." Hydrobiologia 848, no. 4 (February 2021): 929–42. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10750-020-04503-8
- Ocelli, R., Triesta, P.L., Lopes, P. F.M. 2021 Cultural ecosystem services: Linking landscape and social attributes to ecotourism in protected areas https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecoser.2021.101340
- Penino et al. 2021 The Missing Layers: Integrating Sociocultural Values Into Marine Spatial Planning https://doi.org/10.3389/fmars.2021.633198
- Pereyra PER, Hallwass G, Poesch M and Silvano RAM (2021) ‘Taking Fishers’ Knowledge to the Lab’: An Interdisciplinary Approach to Understand Fish Trophic Relationships in the Brazilian Amazon. Front. Ecol. Evol. 9:723026. doi: 10.3389/fevo.2021.723026
- Quirino et al. 2021 Integrating Different Types of Knowledge to Understand Temporal Changes in Reef Landscapes https://doi.org/10.3389/fevo.2021.709414
- Ribeiro, Ariane R., Ludmila M.A. Damasio, and Renato A.M. Silvano. "Fishers' Ecological Knowledge to Support Conservation of Reef Fish (Groupers) in the Tropical Atlantic." Ocean & Coastal Management 204 (April 2021): 105543. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ocecoaman.2021.105543
- Santos, Sílvia Lima Oliveira Dos ; Giordano, Fabio ; Begossi, Alpina . Understanding sustainable consumption of seafood I=in São Vicente Island, São Paulo, Brazil / Compreendendo o consumo sustentável de pescado na ilha de são vicente, São Paulo, Brasil. Brazilian Journal of Development, V. 7, P. 7554-7570, 2021. Doi: https://doi.org/10.34117/bjdv7n1-511
- Silva et al. 2021 Empowering fisherwomen leaders helped reduce the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on fishing communities: Insights from Brazil https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpol.2021.104842
- Silva et al. 2021 Predicting potential compliance of small-scale fishers in Brazil: The need to increase trust to achieve fisheries management goals https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2021.112372
- Silvano & Hallwass 2021 Uso sustentável de recursos naturais: o exemplo da pesca na Amazônia
- Schmitz Nunes, Moisés Ubiratã, Olímpio Rafael Cardoso, Renato Azevedo Matias Silvano, and Luís Fernando Fávaro. "Participatory Mapping and Fishers' Knowledge about Fish and Shrimp Migration in a Subtropical Coastal Ecosystem." Estuarine, Coastal and Shelf Science 258 (September 2021): 107412. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecss.2021.107412
- Vasconcellos et al. 2021 Health Risk Assessment of Mercury Exposure from Fish Consumption in Munduruku Indigenous Communities in the Brazilian Amazon https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph18157940
- WTO must ban harmful fisheries subsidies https://doi.org/10.1126/science.abm1680
- 2020 Cartilha de pesca: estimulando e orientando a organização comunitária https://doi.org/10.46898/rfb.9786599175374
- Begossi & Lopes 2020 Garoupas e pescadores | Groupers and fishers (epinephelus marginatus)
- Begossi et. al 2020 Ribeirinhos do Alto Juruá
- Begossi, Alpina; Salivonchyk, Svetlana. Integrating science and citizen science: the dusky grouper (Epinephelus marginatus) sustainable fishery of Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. web: bioRxiv preprint . https://doi.org/10.1101/759357
- Bezerra et al. 2020 Length-weight and length-length relationships of four fishes from small streams of the Trombetas River basin, Brazilian Amazon
- Clauzet et al. 2020 Impactos socioambientais no Baixo Rio Tapajós, Pará e Baixo Rio Negro, Amazonas, revisão dos conflitos e potenciais soluções no uso de recursos naturais
- Hallwass et al. 2020 Fishers’ knowledge indicates temporal changes in composition and abundance of fishing resources in Amazon protected areas https://doi.org/10.1111/acv.12504
- Hallwass G., A. Schiavetti, R.A.M. Silvano. 2020. Fishers' knowledge indicates temporal changes in composition and abundance of fishing resources in Amazon protected areas. Animal Conservation 23: 36-47. https://doi.org/10.1111/acv.12504
- Keppeler, Friedrich Wofgang, Gustavo Hallwass, Franciele Santos, Luís Henrique Tomazzoni da Silva, and Renato Azevedo Matias Silvano. "What Makes a Good Catch? Effects of Variables from Individual to Regional Scales on Tropical Small-Scale Fisheries." Fisheries Research 229 (September 2020): 105571. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fishres.2020.105571
- Lopes, Priscila F ; Freitas, C. T. ; Begossi, Alpina . A mulher e a pesca: um olhar sobre a pesquisa e a atuação feminina pesqueira no Brasil. Ethnoscientia, V. 5, P. 1-12, 2020. D.o.i.: 10.22276/ethnoscientia.v5i1.304
- Runde et al., 2020, One Earth 2, 255–268. 2020 Fishers’ Knowledge Indicates Extensive Socioecological Impacts Downstream of Proposed Dams in a Tropical River. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oneear.2020.02.012
- Silvano & Hallwass 2020 Participatory Research with Fishers to Improve Knowledge on Small-Scale Fisheries in Tropical Rivers https://doi.org/10.3390/su12114487
- Souza Junior, O.G. de, J.L.G. Nunes, and R.A.M. Silvano. "Biology, Ecology and Behavior of the Acoupa Weakfish Cynoscion Acoupa (Lacepède, 1801) According to the Local Knowledge of Fishermen in the Northern Coast of Brazil." Marine Policy, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpol.2020.103870
- Begossi, A.; Salivonchyk, S. V. ; Hallwass, G. ; Hanazaki, N. ; Lopes, P. F. M. ; Silvano, R. A. M. ; Dumaresq, D. ; Pittock, J. . Fish consumption on the Amazon: A review of biodiversity, hydropower and food security issues. Brazilian Journal of Biology , V. 79, P. 345-357, 2019. Https://doi.org/10.1590/1519-6984.186572
- Begossi et al. Journal of Ethnobiology and Ethnomedicine (2019) 15:53 https://doi.org/10.1186/s13002-019-0331-2 Fishers and groupers (Epinephelus marginatus and E. morio) in the coast of Brazil: integrating information for conservation. Open Access
- Mesquita et al. 2019 Fishery parameters and population dynamics of Silver Croaker on the Xingu River, Brazilian Amazon https://doi.org/10.20950/1678-2305.2019.45.2.423
- Nunes, M. U. S., Hallwass, G., Silvano, R.A.M. 2019. Fishers' local ecological knowledge indicate migration patterns of tropical freshwater fish in an Amazonian river. Hydrobiologia, 833(1): 197–215. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10750-019-3901-3
- How small communities respond to environmental change: patterns from tropical to polar ecosystems.
- Pescadores da Praia Grande, Paraty, RJ: aspectos da resiliência em seu sistema socioecológico.
- The ‘ghost of past fishing’: Small-scale fisheries and conservation of threatened groupers in subtropical islands.
- The Socio-ecological system of selected Brazilian small-scale fisheries – Cantareli – Unisanta BioScience.
- Threatened fish and fishers along the Brazilian Atlantic Forest Coast.
- Tourism as a driver of conflicts and changes in fisheries value chains in Marine Protected Areas.
- Assessment of efficiency and impacts of gillnets on fish conservation in a tropical freshwater fishery.
- Patterns of selectiveness in the Amazonian freshwater fisheries: implications for management.
- Fishers’ knowledge indicates short-term temporal changes in the amount and composition of catches in the southwestern Atlantic.
- The role of marine ecosystem services for human well-being: Disentangling synergies and trade-offs at multiple scales.
- Size matters: fishing less and yielding more in smaller-scale fisheries.
- The behavior of the estuarine dolphin (Sotalia guianensis, van Be ne den, 1864) according to fishermen from different fishing environments.
- The ‘Qualis’ system (Brazil) in an interdisciplinary-ecological context.
- Collaborative Research on Dusky Grouper (Epinephelus marginatus): Catches from the Small-Scale Fishery of Copacabana Beach, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.
- Comb Grouper (Mycteroperca acutirostris) Information from Catches at Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Fishers’ knowledge on the coast of Brazil.
- Homegardens in a micro-regional scale: contributions to agrobiodiversity conservation in an urban-rural context.
- Population genetic structure of an estuarine and a reef fish species exploited by Brazilian artisanal fishing.
- From Ethnobiology to Ecotoxicology: Fishers’ Knowledge on Trophic Levels as Indicator of Bioaccumulation in Tropical Marine and Freshwater Fishes.
- Fisheries, tourism, and marine protected areas: Conflicting or synergistic interactions?
- Fishers’ knowledge as a source of information about the estuarine dolphin (Sotalia guianensis, van Bénéden, 1864).
- Matching Fishers’ Knowledge and Landing Data to Overcome Data Missing in Small- Scale Fisheries.
- Fishers’ knowledge about fish trophic interactions in the southeastern Brazilian coast.
- Bridging ancient and modern artisanal fisheries in Latin America: assessing the role of cultural heritage in poverty alleviation in coastal Brazil.
- Art, fisheries and ethnobiology.
- Fisheries, Ethnoecology, Human Ecology and Food Security: a review of concepts, collaboration and teaching.
- Food consumption as an indicator of the conservation of natural resources in riverine communities of the Brazilian Amazon.
- The Caiçaras and the Atlantic Forest coast: Insights on their resilience.
- Fisheries Productivity and its Effects on the Consumption of Animal Protein and Food Sharing of Fishers’ and Non- Fishers’ Families.
- Each fisherman is different: Taking the environmental perception of small-scale fishermen into account to manage marine protected areas.
- Conectando peixes, rios e pessoas : como o homem se relaciona com os rios e com a migração de peixes.
- Punishment and compliance: Exploring scenarios to improve the legitimacy of small-scale fisheries management rules on the Brazilian coast.
- Comunidades pesqueiras de Paraty – sugestões para manejo.
- Ecological, cultural, and economic approaches to managing artisanal fisheries.
- A segurança alimentar de comunidades pesqueiras do Sudeste do Brasil: dimensões complementares e um exemplo com o robalo.
- Resource-Use Patterns in Swidden Farming Communities: Implications for the Resilience of Cassava Diversity.
- Artisanal Fishers’ Perceptions About Top-down Management Transcend National Boundaries: Commonalities Between Southeastern Brazil And Coastal Uruguay.
- Reef Fishes: Urgent needs for Knowledge and Management in Tropical Waters.
- The river and the sea: fieldwork in human ecology and ethnobiology.
- Etnoecologia de Lutjanidae (vermelhos) em uma comunidade de pescadores artesanais (Bertioga – SP).
- Behavioral and environmental influences on fishing rewards and the outcomes of alternative management scenarios for large tropical rivers.
- Transboundary Socio-Ecological Effects of a Marine Protected Area in the Southwest Atlantic.
- Suggestions for fixing top-down coastal fisheries management through participatory approaches.
- Co-management and Spatial Features Contribute to Secure Fish Abundance and Fishing Yields in Tropical Floodplain Lakes.
- Ecologia de pescadores da Mata Atlântica e da Amazônia.
- Os mapas da pesca artesanal – pesqueiros e pescadores na costa do Brasil.
- Compensation for environmental services from artisanal fisheries in SE Brazil: Policy and technical strategies.
- Decision-making processes by small-scale fishermen on the southeast coast of Brazil.
- Ethnobiology of snappers (Lutjanidae): target species and suggestions for management.
- Extractive and Sustainable Development Reserves in Brazil: resilient alternatives to fisheries?(Download não disponível)
- Foraging Behaviour of Brazilian Riverine and Coastal Fishers: How Much is Explained by the Optimal Foraging Theory?(Download não disponível)
- Last trip return rate influence patch choice decisions of small-scale shrimp trawlers: optimal foraging in São Francisco, coastal Brazil.
- O cerco flutuante e os caiçaras do litoral norte de São Paulo, com ênfase à pesca de Trindade, RJ.
- Da Biologia a Etnobiologia - Taxonomia e etnotaxonomia, ecologia e etnoecologia.
- Small-scale fisheries in Latin America: Management Models and Challenges.
- What can be learned from fishers? An integrated survey of fishers’ local ecological knowledge and bluefish (Pomatomus saltatrix) biology on the Brazilian coast.
- Artisanal commercial fisheries at the southern coast of São Paulo state, Brazil: ecological, social and economic structures.
- Clean energy and poor people: ecological impacts of hydroelectric dams on fish and fishermen in the Amazon rainforest.
- Current trends in human ecology.
- Ecologia de Pescadores Artesanais da Baía da Ilha Grande.
- Fishers’ decision making, optimal foraging and management.
- Hunting and use of terrestrial fauna used by Caiçaras from the Atlantic Forest coast (Brazil).
- What do people think about pollution? Contributions of human ecology to the study of river pollution with a focus on Brazil.
- Ecologia de Pescadores Artesanais da Baía de Ilha Grande.
- Are Biological Species and Higher-Ranking Categories Real? Fish Folk Taxonomy on Brazil’s Atlantic Forest Coast and in the Amazon.
- Artisanal fishers’ ethnobotany: from plant diversity use to agrobiodiversity management.
- Biodiversity, food consumption and ecological niche dimension: a study case of the riverine populations from the Rio Negro, Amazonia, Brazil.
- Contributions of ethnobiology to the conservation of tropical rivers and streams.
- Diversity and management: from extractive to farming systems.
- Ecology and ethnoecology of dusky grouper [garoupa, Epinephelus marginatus (Lowe, 1834)] along the coast of Brazil.
- Local knowledge and training towards management.
- Ethnobotany of riverine populations from the Rio Negro, Amazônia (Brazil).
- Etnobotânica caiçara no litoral paulista.(Download não disponível)
- Ethnoichthyology of artisanal fishing community from Guaibim Beach, Valença (BA), Brazil.
- Whales, dolphins or fishes? The ethnotaxonomy of cetaceans in São Sebastião, Brazil.
Formulário de Contato
Av. Lúcio Costa, 3150, ap. 1312, Barra, Rio de Janeiro